Top 10 Education Portal In 2018
Due to the proliferation of technology usage and the continued expansion of new technologies. More and more educational institutions are incorporating this into their programs and schools. That means their reach can be expanded to the wider world. Internet users will increasingly find it easier to access online resources that will give them well-needed help with their schoolwork and learning. The online education portals will benefit students or learners at every level, from birth to adult literacy stages.
There are also other kinds of online education portal that provide a wide range of resources, which include information about universities, different examinations, and their requirements as well as free online courses. This is especially beneficial for those persons who are interested in accessing resources that will help them master a given subject. With the escalating prices or high tuition rates, more college level students are pursuing higher education online. It affords them an affordable alternative that is flexible and tailored to their learning style. Many of these educational portals are referred to as MOOCs.
Massive Open Online Courses are systems, which allow a large group of people to access a single course whenever it is convenient for them. It has international reach and is usually facilitated by highly competent instructors, not to mention the fact that they cost less to implement and maintain when compared to other systems. This is great news for learners, because why would you rack up huge student loan debt if you can study online for a fraction of the cost?
Now, let us explore the top 10 education portals of 2018
- EdX. This education portal at www.edx.org was designed and implemented by Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2012. They have a range of high quality online courses for their users. When compared to other platforms on the internet, it consistently ranks at the top of the list.
- Academic Earth. Their website is located at www.academicearth.org has a wide variety of educational resources. Learning is customized in a myriad of ways to suit any kind of learner, traditional or otherwise. Therefore, if you are interested in studying business courses, science-related subjects or any other field, then Academic Earth is a great alternative. Their programs are managed in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of Oxford, as well as quite a few other colleges.
- Internet Archive. Another great educational portal is the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. This database is highly extensive and has a lot of resources. The interface is designed in such a way to link you to other websites on the internet, including college libraries that further grant you access to free books. The site continues to be ranked highly for the quality of free information that is accessible via its higher education portal.
- Big Think. If you visit www.bigthink.com, you will have access to a few thousand fellows with grand notoriety in the academic world. They go out of their way to provide quality content by providing recorded tutorials and personalized articles for the courses. In addition, they have an administrative and editorial team that reviews the content; therefore, students are able to have an organic and personalized experience.
- Coursera. Another great educational portal is found at www.coursera.org. This website provides a plethora of educational courses, which will provide online learners with countless choices from any country. It has a user-friendly interface that helps to keep online visitors engaged and offers less frustration in the learning process. Learners can also access courses offered by popular, top-ranked and Ivy League colleges. They have a number of customized features including discussion forums, peer-reviewed assignments and recorded video lectures. After completion, you receive an electronic certificate.
- Brightstorm. Many high school students make use of the online education website at www.brightstorm.com. It is a great source for references, which can help them delve further into their studies. As a part of their services, the site has customized book, which makes it easier for students to understand the terminologies used in the different subjects. BrightStorm also provides resources to help students be more successful in their exams.
- CosmoLearning. If you are looking for a website that has both skills based and academic materials, then go to www.cosmolearning.com. This education portal allows visitors to self-enroll into different courses, which are further categorized into three sections; namely, academic and extra-curricular subjects. The content on the website is grouped by educational material, courses, and documentaries.
- Futures Channel. Thefutureschannel.com offers a different kind of service to students; here they can get information about the various problems that they come up against. That means, if a student has a mathematics problem, they can come to the website and receive guidance on how to solve the problem.
- Howcast. In terms of capacity, www.howcast.com is at the top of the list with seemingly limitless resources. The other online education portals on the list do not come close. It is an innovative approach to learning, which allows the user to ask ‘how’ questions while exploring the website.
- Khan Academy. One of the top higher education websites and very popular with online learners is the Khan Academy which can be found at www.khanacademy.org. Their services are free which makes it a great resource for those who cannot afford extra help with their studies. They truly understand and implement the concept of self-paced learning. Students are also able to utilize a customized dashboard feature. In addition to that, they can continually track their progress as they complete a course of study.
Their students access the portal from all over the world, largely because it caters to over 36 different languages. Practically all subjects encountered at the kindergarten to high school to the college level is on offer at the Khan Academy online education portal. Further to their innovative approach, they have an ongoing partnership with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). In addition to a number of other agencies, including the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the California Academy of Sciences and Museum of Modern Art.
Written by: grademiners.co